Tuesday, May 29, 2007

5-29-07

Good thing I used the date for this entry. Today is my older sister's birthday and I almost forgot to call her. She's 36 today. It used to be that our four year difference made her seem so much older ... Not anymore. 36 and 32 seem to be pretty much the same age, at this point.

Anyhow, that's not why I decided to post. It's because Liam's picture looks terrible! He's a handsome boy and that picture does NOT do him justice. But despite my assurances to master Liam that I would post the best pictures we had of him, he felt the need to respond. What follows is a photographic recording of the interview.

Daddy: Good morning Mr. Liam, how are you today? I understand you are not pleased with the photo of you posted on this blog.

Liam:


Daddy: Son, I do not appreciate, nor will I tolerate such disrespect. I understand you are not happy with the photo, but you can't just go around flipping people off when you're not happy about something!

Liam:


Daddy: You were just sucking your fingers? Sure you were.

Liam:


Daddy: Right, right - you're innocent and have no idea what I am talking about. Fine then. Let's move on, shall we?

Liam:


Daddy: I was thinking about posting the picture of you when you first born - fresh from the womb, birthday suite and ...

Liam:


Daddy: ... perhaps ... yeah - you don't seem very interested in going that way. Well, there is this one picture that shows you looking like an "old soul", if you will ...

Liam:

Daddy: Yes! That's the look! What do you think about that one?

Liam:


Daddy: Oh come on now, you needn't be shy! I think your "old man" look is a good one - it showcases your intelligence, your wit, your ... what's that? You have another pose to highlight your intellectual capabilities? Fantastic I can't wait to ...

Liam:


Daddy: Oh nice. Very funny. That could come back to haunt you someday, you know. What if you ever decide to run for state office, or even the presidency? What's that? Who is the president now? Bush. No, no - W. - the son, why?

Liam:


Daddy: You think he's asshole too, huh? Yeah - I voted for him twice ... go figure.

Liam:


Daddy: Don't looked so shocked. Who was I supposed to vote for, Gore? Kerry? OK, well you're probably right, Kerry probably would have been better. No, no - Gore would have bored the country to death with slide-shows. Well, yes, he knows a thing or two about global warming but he has no spine, he himself didn't know where he stood on most things. Anyhow, what if I just post our interview on my blog? Does that work for you? Liam? Liiiiiaaaam?

Liam:


Daddy: All of this talk about Al Gore put you to sleep, huh? Yeah, he has that effect on people. Night-night Liam! We love you :-) *kiss*

And that concludes our interview. Off camera, Liam remarked that I should post more often, even though I blog in a 'very simple, hackish sort of way.' He also wanted to note that he digs his brother and sister and that mommy is 'the coolest'. Then he spit up on me.

3 comments:

Sullivans said...

LOL He is so cute. Glad to finally see a blog installment. ; )

Unknown said...

Wow! John, that was great! I do so miss your sense of humor. I just don't know any other funny people. Well, not any that I would want to spend any time with anyway. Love the pictures. Thanks for the new posts.

John said...

Seriously? You don't know any other funny people? You should move up here then. There's lots of funny people in Orlando. Plus, we have love bugs. That's right Jimmy: bugs who have let go their hate and have learned to love each other. So much so that they do it everywhere. Your heart will swell at the site of unabashed insectal fornication on the front of you freshly waxed vehicle, your hair while you mow the lawn, swimming in the pools of your eyeball tears and in your mouth as you curse them ...